Grace Gungo Peas (pigeon peas) 4 pk
Grace gungo peas (pigeon peas) are a delicious and excellent source of dietary fiber and a good source of protein!
The pigeon pea, also known as pigeon pea, red gram, tur, pwa kongo in Haiti, guandú and frijol de palo in Ibero-America, or as gungo peas in Jamaica, is a perennial legume from the family Fabaceae.
Gungo peas are rich in dietary fibre which is essential for maintaining digestive health. It also reduces constipation, cramping, bloating, and diarrhea. It is also a good treatment for eliminating parasitic body worms and is also known as a cure for jaundice, bronchitis, and lung disease.
Gungo Peas and Rice
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 can(s) Grace Gungo Peas
- 1 stalk(s) escallion
- 1 sprig(s) thyme
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 4 whole pimento berries
- 1 piece(s) ginger, crushed
- 1 cup(s) Grace Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Grace Rice
Grace Gungo Peas and Rice Directions
- Bring chicken stock to a boil and add Grace Gungo Peas.
- Season with scallion, thyme, whole scotch bonnet pepper, crushed garlic, pimento berries, and ginger.
- Add Grace Coconut Milk, salt, and adjust seasonings to taste, if necessary.
- Add Grace Rice to the boiling liquid and stir, cover and allow to come to a boil, then lower the flame.
Allow to steam for 30-40 minutes or until rice grains are tender.
- To make chicken stock, bring 6 cups of water to boil, then add chopped scallion, thyme, ginger, onion, chicken neck and back and allow to boil for 1 hour and then strain.
- Use as directed.
Products from Jamaica
Ship from Jamaica